White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Gha v2.0

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

 

Gha v2.0

76522
Again, cranky. I got a support call at 5:55 that was essentially someone trying to pass off work at the end of their shift by saying it was a software bug and throwing it over the wall. I countered with 3 questions; 1) Is video out? 2) Is revenue impacted? 3) Will you wait in your office till I get there? The answer to each was and unequivical no and thusly, I let the caller know that this could probably wait till the next morning. I would see them in their office at 0730 hours. of course, they did not show up till 0915. In the end, it was a non-event but it did not stop my mind from going non-stop all night long ... it precluded sleep, wouldn't you know. On top of that, I had to crawl through my system and shake out a bunch of adware virus infections ... including the damed VirusHeat virus. Gha, I say.

P.S: This flu season is apparently a killer. Beware all you who should be. Sorry I'm too late for you Pb.

The flu season is getting worse, and U.S. health officials say it's partly because the flu vaccine doesn't protect against most of the spreading flu bugs.

The flu shot is a good match for only about 40 percent of this year's flu viruses, officials at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday.

The situation has even deteriorated since last week when the CDC said the vaccine was protective against roughly half the circulating strains. In good years, the vaccine can fend off 70 to 90 percent of flu bugs.
Stupid shots ... wont even work!



Technorati Tags: |

Labels: ,


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?