White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Ass crack of dawn

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

 

Ass crack of dawn

hp
So, the phone rings yesterday at 0230. Yes, that is 2 hours and 30 minutes past midnight. About the time when the gossamer sheet of sleep finally settles over my racing mind. No, not really. I guess it's more like a diethyl ether laden quilt really. But yes, the support phone rang and it was the worst kind of problem. Customers effected, systems down, communications off-line, full blown Pepsi Melt Down. Ghaa ... must wake up. On top of that, I was without Manor-super-internet at the time. For some reason, I could not interface with the facility systems from my computer. There has been some issues with our cable internet of late ... the effects were still lingering. This required that I schlep my way into work at 0300. Well, wouldn't you know it, the traffic was light and there were no red signals for me the entire way. Made the trip in about 13 minutes. Obeying the speed limit and all the entire way, no less. So, there I am at work somewhere near the beginning of the universe for the day. Long story short, I wake up a few people so that misery can have company. My day ends sometime around 1830. The Ever Patient Mrs had to drop off and pick up the Tumultuous Twins of Tyranny that day so her TLC of my gnawed up hind-end was muchly appreciated. I had a glass of Shiraz and promptly passed out till 0630 the next day. So, in the end, sorry for not posting yesterday. But you know what, tough shit. (yeah, I'm still cranky)


Technorati Tags: |

Labels:


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?