White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Frozen Spam on a stick.

Monday, February 05, 2007

 

Frozen Spam on a stick.

hp
Well, it's been fairly uneventful today. I guess this is what happens when the world unexpectedly cools down. And by cools down I mean it got far too cold too quickly here in the world of frozen mud and no snow. This morning, as I was standing out in the Back-50, I watched the Cyborg-Hounds do their thing and I SWEAR that the liquid fire they pour out on the grass froze before it hit the ground. Thor was in no mood to be out there but he sure took a Lackadaisy approach about voiding his micro-mountain range fabrication. That's puppy-poop-pile for the less experienced reader. So, there I was in sweat-pants and a t-shirt, waiting for the dog to poop so I could put a flag next to it. Yeah, so I can find it later after it is frozen as hard as a diamond. Speaking of hard and diamonds, while I was out in the tundra, the wind wound up and made my nipples hard enough to cut concrete. DAMN cold. Looking at the electronic remote weather monitoring gear once inside the Manor, I found out that we were at 9 degrees F. NICE. Forget about wind-chill, it's all meaning less once you get into the single digits. Those crocus's that came up ... goners. Old Jack Frost is showing that silly ground-hog who is in charge.

Other news ... I got some comment spam yesterday. Enough for me to notice. I'm not sure why I've never been hammered before but I guess I've arrived now that the spam-bots have located me. And on a completely unrelated note; I saw a car accident in the same place as nearly every other one I've seen in my travels between the Manor and Work. It was in the passing lane and I was in the cruising lane (where I now pretty much reside full time). The antifreeze was still spilling out of the front of the mortally wounded SUV and the police cruisers were still baying in the distance like hungry wolves closing in for the coup de grĂ¢ce of a foundering herd animal. I scuttled away, leaving the weakest member of the morning migration to it's inevitable demise.

Technorati Tags: | | |

Labels:


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?