White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Tow away zone

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

 

Tow away zone

Yesterday was so uneventful, I'm not going to even bother with the bizarre image paring with the text. We had a group holiday lunch from 1200 till 1500 and went home after that. Work was uneventful. There was a NEW HP parker at the gym and I had not ordered my shaped plasticized explosive charges yet. DAMMIT. I was forced to settle for the standard 'NOT A PARKING SPOT, THNX' note. One thing both these events had in common is the patron hostile parking tendencies of businesses and the balkanized townships have around here. If you are anywhere near one of the inbred 'downtown' areas of these bedroom communities, you are doomed to have to park on some neighborhood street and make your way back to the main drag. Here decayed sidewalks (when they exist) and inaccessible alleys await you. For the most part, this is not the case at the Gym, but the locals are conditioned to take advantage of any open space and make it their own, no matter what the cost to others. I'm one step from talking to the front desk staff about this. Or just calling the local constabulary and asking them to administer some 'tough love'. I've got enough police/sheriff/military support stickers on my bumper to earn me a bit of quid pro quo when it comes to these sorts of civil complaints.



Technorati Tags: | |

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?