White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Weekend Update 20060805-6

Monday, August 07, 2006

 

Weekend Update 20060805-6

I was expecting my parents on Saturday morning/afternoon. When the Mrs asks about the anticipated arrival of our saviors, I tell her the same. As I rest my world-weary head, the phone rings. It's the Grandparents. Apparently they are hurdling down the NorthEast Extension at near light speed and are anticipating being on our door step within an hour. Heh ... best laid plans of men and mice. No matter, we are more than happy to supply the twins with additional targets of opportunity. And so it commenced. The Twin Tyrants were up till 2300 hours and were starting to show it. The frantic hyperactivity was just a means by which they could stay awake. A body in motion tends to stay in motion, a kinetic dynamo tends to be a child up past their bed time. Indeed, at a painfully early hour of 0730 the next morning they were busily planning their assault on the Grandparents sleeping arrangement. Ahhh, the vigor of youth. Although, I do feel a bit bad for the Grandparents ... then I fall back to sleep. Guilt? I'll deal with that later. As it turns out, the kids wedged themselves between the Grandparents and went back to sleep for a few hours. Heh, I guess that is what it's all about.

The Mrs was going to make the pilgrimage to NYC on her own instead of with her co-worker/friend ... than again, not. Later in the day, she chose to remain within the security of the Manor. She has the right to change her mind ... and this is why my weekend schedules are highly fluid. Low viscosity is good for the active lifestyle.

The rest of the weekend is fairly standard for most, but quite the accomplishment for me. Super Dad helped me weed, mow, edge and till the garden. I got to pull up a bag of onions that were finally ready. We chopped wood till we have finished nearly half of the load. In the heat we were enduring, that is a monumental task. Oh, and we went to church. Super Mom cooked and cooked and cooked and kept the twins out of way of the lumberjacks. Muchly underrated, that deed.



Technorati Tags: | | | | |

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?