White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Poo

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

 

Poo

The Tyrants seem to be doing well. Mostly. Jake is still a bit jumpy, or spoiled rotten. Our first day back at karate practice and he could not stay still. Managed to get into a bit of a row with another kid and got himself benched twice. Lost his belt and candy privileges to boot. He'll need to 'earn' his belt back at the next practice session. Heh, it's a bit of a hoot that he gets so worked up over the belt, but it's a good tool for the teacher to use. Perhaps he is still a little strung out on sugar. No matter, it's swim night tonight and we find out if he graduates to the next level. That would mean classes on Tuesday and Thursday from 1800 till 1845. It would certainly make my life a bit easier.

My back/neck/etc are not in much better shape today than yesterday. The prescription I got was for 60 pills of Naproxen Sodium at 500 mg. Yeah, that would be Aleve. Take two aspirin and call me in the morning. The doc hinted that I could steal some of the Mrs's 'Good Stuff', but noted that he would NEVER recommend that to anyone. I'll break out the old Acetaminophen/Codeine (Tylenol 3) that I have left over. Only four pills but it should carry me through the week. Of course, taking narcotics is not helping my attitude towards work much. Go figure. I will, of course, stay away from the liquid libations. I try to take the stuff right after I get to work in the morning. This leaves me cranky on the drive in and just as much a curmudgeon on the commute back to the Manor in the evening. As it should be I suppose.



Technorati Tags: | | | | |

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?