White Lightning Axiom: Redux: We don't need no stinkin' budget!

Friday, March 17, 2006

 

We don't need no stinkin' budget!

My blog-buddy, Toni over at Bear Creek Ledger took notice of the recent legislation regarding the maximum amount of federal borrowing capacity to cover our budget shortfalls. By a minimal 781 billion. Pennies I tell ya. Now, this bothers me quite a bit. We collected a significantly greater amount of taxes this year and yet we need even more to cover the budget. The beef I would foster about this revolved around the idea that if I ran my household finances like our elected officials ran the country, I would be in jail. Of course, the country is not a household (although, I would love to throw the whole damn lot of politicians into the pokey). This is one of those times where I know my gut feelings won't cut the mustard. I would like to recommend 3 articles to you from one of my more frequent reads on the blogosphere: Budget-101, Debt Management-217 and Bankruptcy-505. Put on a pot of coffee because this could take some time. Personally, I'm a fiscal conservative. I'll eat a brick of Ramen noodles instead of going out for that 20$ lunch.

Given this, I find that most social programs are nonsense. Defense, Infrastructure, Commerce. The rest will shake out via charities. Then, and only then, should we start picking up the slack. Heartless, yeah, I know. But you have to let your children fail, fall and pick themselves up sometimes.



Technorati Tags: | |

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?