White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Rut

Friday, January 06, 2006

 

Rut

Wow, already the 'same-old, same-old' is starting to settle in. The project I was assigned to does not seem to be going anywhere fast. About 8 hours over the last two days. Oh well, I'll manage. Of course, I have about 2 years of email inbox clean-up to do so that should keep me out of trouble for a few days.

Last night, I was going to head off to the MCRC NeoCon Secret Cabal and World Wide Conservative Conspiracy meeting but decided to hang back. There have been mitigating factors. The Mrs's Mother just recently had surgery for ... of all things ... breast cancer. There were complications due to her miniscule stature and allergic reactions to the blood thinner. I'll expect the Caring and Merciful Wife to need to head up to NYC soon to oversee a few issues. It's a harrowing experience for sure. On top of that, constant nit-pickery by her Grandmother has been a sore spot. Her aunt is also undergoing a similar procedure for a lump. Not a blood relation, but it still puts that very real specter of doom in the fore-front. On top of that, she was just informed that a family friend of ours passed on. We had sent a Christmas letter to their family but just now found out that he had departed shortly before thanksgiving. She was close to this fellow and the news was just too awful. It was best for me to stay at home and make things as easy as possible for her. There will be other nights to swill scotch and hatch evil plans of dominating the beer-nuts. Now, it's time for me to be a real man and support my family. Not so much financially, but emotionally. You cannot buy, elect or outsource that.

Technorati Tags: |


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?