White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Down the other side of the peak

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

 

Down the other side of the peak


Hmmm, let's see here, what can I write about. The new project is requiring adherence to 21 CFR Part 11 and is a bit prickly about auditing. THAT is a subject which comes up alll the time in polite dinner conversation. Yup, for certain. Just ask Frick and Frack, the Compliance brothers here and they'll tell you ALL about it.

Perhaps I'll just stick to personal stuff. Like how my angel of a daughter figured that since she did not want to finish the LAST BITE of her sandwich, she would cover the table with semi-digested hotdogs, grilled cheese and milk. This is the third time she had performed this little act. Worst part is that she does it knowing full well that we are just going to bathe her and put her to bed right away. She is a rather crafty little one so I'm not sure what the motivation is. She KNOWS the end result but she still takes that last piece and crams it all the way back into her throat till she gags. Urgh.

Speaking of motivation, I've pretty much depleted all of mine when it comes to getting up in the morning. My leg still hurts from a while back. Feels like hot water is being poured over it. Strange, annoying, keeps my up at night, but tolerable. That and L'Hermitte's sign has re-emerged. As a frequent keyboard peeker, this can be EXTREMELY disconcerting. It interrupts my train of thought. Derails it even. There were fatalities. Damn corrosion, I need an upgrade to my spinal column. Something in a titanium sheath would be nice. I'll settle for something less conductive though. Of course, I'm not going to get this option pack any time soon.

This Friday, the Mrs is deserting me. It's the family thing and she is intending on putting a cap on this boiling vat. Off to NYC she will venture leaving the raucous but predictable Manor for a battle-royale no doubt. If all goes as planned, we will not be getting phonecalls in the middle of the night about the latest slight or transgression. I will dutifully press on with household schedules and do my best to entertain the tyrannical twins. Perhaps I will duct tape them to the hounds. More likely, I'll have to plan out a treasure hunt with a map and a bag of goodies at the end. We'll see how creative I feel when the bell tolls for thee (me). More short-term, I need to get my act together and prepare for swimming tonight. I'll need to add some ammo to the magazine in the SuperSaturn and re-charge the EMP/Quark Accelerator before leaving tonight. It's raining and the turnpike will be an orgy of love and peace for certain.



Technorati Tags: | |

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?