White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Vote or .... Don't whine.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

 

Vote or .... Don't whine.

Yesterday was nice. We have hired a new employee back at the home office and since almost everyone is out-and-about, we had an introductory lunch. Did not get to talk to the guy but we did have a wonderful little 'free' lunch at Maggianos. Love that place, had some broiled Tilapia. All on the boss-lady's dime. I had a nice plate of Tilapia, a salad, an espresso and some calamari. All done quite well. It was a rather pleasant lunch indeed.



Ok, it's official: I'm ill. Not the usual stuff but a nice little virus that Alexis was so kind to cook up in her bio-warfare lab. I warned her several times that if she does not wear her coat outside she will get sick, then daddy will get sick and daddy will be grumpy. There you go, the cycle is complete and I am grouchy. Mostly from lack of a good night's restful sleep rather than any particular cold symptom. Unfortunately, this has had a dramatic effect on my mental processes and I neglected to stop off at my polling place and vote this morning. I suppose I'll need to do it this evening. Perhaps I'll bring the kids along to see how this works. If traffic is as light this afternoon as it was this morning, it might just work out. We'll see. Of course, all the candidates on the local ballot are running under both parties so it's not much of an election. Unless someone writes in my name a dozen times, there will be nothing of note to report this year. The off-year elections can be such a dud.



|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?