White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Switch-a-roo

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

 

Switch-a-roo

I lost my damn key pass again. No, no I did not lose it. Someone STOLE IT! Some nefarious Commie Pinko Nazi Infiltrator from the Empire between the intersection of time and space found comfort within the Haupertonian empire and is wreaking havoc within the borders by sabotaging my schedule. SEDITION I say! I only have 22 more days here and my building access pass is AWOL. Argh. I'll have to send out the cybernetic nano-bots to sniff out this treacherous little spy and deal with him ... or her. Most likely, one of the kids grabbed it and stuffed it into the grandparents luggage. Devious little buggers. And no, of course I did not loose it. It's never my fault. Sheesh.

I dropped off the kids yesterday and it wasn't too bad. Something about them being in a near coma after a ingesting a belly full of carbs I'll wager. The Mrs arrived home in time last night to help pick them up. It was nice to have a slice of her time. Something about being at Jury duty all day made her want to be among the living as quickly as possible. She was selected to be on a jury early on so was not allowed to have access to her phone, pda or lap-top. Totally cut off. Going cold turkey like that could have killed her! I've been called a few times but never was selected. Good thing, I would have gone bonkers without a few good internet blogs or news-articles. My God, I would have to read a PAPER BOOK! Will the horrors never end? Since she was around, I fixed a few minor things about the Manor that the auto-repair maintenance bots had not been able to do right. Stupid Microsoft operating system ... always trying to bring down all the windows in the house and reset the power whenever a bulb burns out. So I've dropped off the kids again this morning and things did not go quite as well. I put up a bunch of glow-in-the-dark stars on the kids ceiling and they probably stayed up well past when they should have nodded off. This made Alexis REAL cranky the next morning and not entirely interested (Read: Total Meltdown) in getting ready to go. I had to be the bad-daddy while the Mrs played soft-mommy. I took off her jammies and sleep-diaper while the Mrs comforted her into using the potty and getting dressed. I ended up leaving at 0720 hours and just managed to get to work by 0815. Urk. I'll have to make sure the kids are in bed by 2100 hours tonight so we don't have a repeat of this. One interesting note about this morning. Katie has figured out how to move the woven carbon-string steel (cardboard) barrier we put across the doorway. We keep the dogs in a tiled room at night just in case they have 'issues'. They rarely make a mess these days, mostly horking up grass and bile. Icky, but easy to clean up from tile. So I hear her whining outside the door of the guest suite that we are currently sleeping in. I jump up at 0600 and swing open the door just in time to see her tail disappear around the corner. I know it's her because Thor is too slow to disappear that quickly. He is more of a Rock of Gibraltar type of dog. Just stand in the way and make you decide that the path you wanted to take is much too dangerous now. Katie prefers the flanking maneuver. Zip around to your side and plant her cold wet nose on the back of your leg or on whatever food you had in your hand. That would pretty much make it hers. Unless you are a 3.5 year old kid and have no qualms about 'sharing'. Yetch.



|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?