White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Nothing to be thankful for

Thursday, November 24, 2005

 

Nothing to be thankful for


Just to catch up, after Katie chased down that 12 point buck, we headed off to do a bit of commercial trolling and some plane-spotting. First, of course, we had to go to the airport so Jake could watch a couple of the regional prop-driven puddle-jumpers take off and land at the local graded flatlands they call an airport around here. Alexis, in all the excitement, fell asleep. Jake was more than thrilled to watch a couple of Cessnas however. Afterwards, we schlep through the regional mall and head off to KMart. Mmmm, KMart, where you go for those Chinese import if you feel too crunchy to go to Walmart. The item of greatest interest to the kids was the singing six point deer head. Motion activated no less. The Tyrannical Twins of Turpitude were mesmerized. It was singing country songs no less. The fact that it moved it's head, ears and mouth was of great interest to Jake. Fifteen minutes later, I shut off the device and convinced the kids and the legion of ... rural fans ... that the show was over and it was time to get going. I like country/western too but hearing 'Friends in Low Places' for the 3rd time was the breaking point for me.

It's Thanksgiving day and Jake bouncing about like a lemur on sugar coated crack. We have done pretty much nothing but sleep in, watch TV, eat and wait till noon to shower. The bird is cooking and the other goodies are on the stove. It's snowing out and the Blogosphere is relatively quiet. Seems as though the MSM/Politicians are not entirely interested in fabricating any nonsense today. After thinking a bit ... you know, having idea things rattling about in my head-brain thing ... I figured I would cave in and give thanks for a few blessings in my life:


  • I'm thankful for the Perfect Kids, Uber Parents and Mrs being healthy

  • I'm thankful that I can still get up in the morning and provide for the family

  • I'm thankful that the US economy can still afford us to live the way we do

  • I'm thankful that there are guys over there willing to do what is needed to keep us safe over here

  • I'm thankful that so far, we have been spared having to endure wildfires, floods, earth-quakes, tsunamis, droughts, plagues, audits, tornados, hurricanes, and the end of dirty diapers

  • I'm thankful that my client contract is nearly over

  • So, what are you thankful for?


    Technorati Tags: |

    |

    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?