White Lightning Axiom: Redux: mon,tue,wed ... every day a party

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

 

mon,tue,wed ... every day a party

A few days have come and gone and I'm just starting to learn how to relax. Monday I was preoccupied with a few things. Up early, wrassle with the kids, wash the dogs. Normal stuff. Later on in the day, Gramps and I got down to the really difficult task. Washing the mastodons. Usually I get to do this myself and it can be a fairly trying ordeal. They don't get all that dirty, but the recent activities of chasing logs down into the gully where there is a raging rapids at the bottom left the hounds carrying more dirt and grime than fur. So we got out the pneumatic scrubber and went to town. Since it was so chilly out and the FOB uses water from a well, Gramps suggested we use the heated water instead. The hounds quivered with anticipation. I guess bathing in 40 degree water when it's just above freezing out would have been ... unappreciated. Gramps produced a stiff tine brush that the dogs could not get enough of. Hopefully, the dogs will stay clean for a few more days.

In the afternoon, the Mrs, Grams and the kids head off to do some shopping and to get Jake a haircut while Gramps and I rake up a few acres of leaves and put up the Christmas lights. That will leave me a bit sore. Not so much the lights as the strange concept of raking up leaves in a forest. The next day was a bit better in so much that we did NOTHING. Other than look at the snow flakes and sleeping in, it was utterly unproductive. Most excellent. Of course, my left leg numbness progressed up a bit to my thigh. It's more of an ice-water feeling than a numbness right now. Quite annoying. The staccato attacks recently are nearly predictable.

Wednesday, my transformation is complete. The Mrs and I have slept in well past 0700 and the kids targeted the grandparents for a morning wake-up instead of us. It's 20 degrees out now but the snow is just a dusting. Not enough to play in. Except for Katie. She spotted a deer in the yard this morning and thought it best to chase it off before taking care of her morning constitutional. Speaking of constitution ... Jake proclaimed that his ear is feeling much better now. Guess that antibiotic is doing it's job. Not much else for today (thankfully). I'll pop in if anything new happens.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?