White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Crying

Friday, November 18, 2005

 

Crying

This past evening, the turnpike was a blast. Ok, first off, its pitch dark now during my commute back to the manor. Optimal driving conditions are a thing of the past. I'm used to that by now. The fun began when I tuned in the traffic report and to my surprise, there was an accident in the construction area at the MidCounty interchange. SHOCKING! Indeed, a tanker truck had once again overturned and was blocking some lanes and an exit. STUNNING. Even more important, it was a milk truck so they had to have call in the HazMat team. Much crying over spilt milk was done. I'm not too concerned though. It IS pizza night after all and the kids are typically malleable when it comes to a dinner of Italian Flat Pie ... with extra cheese. It should be an easy night. Yeah, time to call the Fates and put a quick end to that thought.

At the manor, with everyone huddled around the mile long glass dining table, I was going over the reams of mail we get every day. The PECO bill stated that we used less electric and NG than last year, and thus, a lower bill. Nice. Total sum of 112$ is tolerable. The other 'bill' was quite a bit more noxious. The water company had sent us a shutoff notice. I freaked at first. Apparently, since we have been living here for 10 years now, they were under the impression that we had never applied for service. Like we had not been paying bills on time every month since the dawn of man. CRIPES! The Mrs, being the rational and punctilious, noted that the meter number they provided was not the same as the meter number for the manor. In fact, it was the seasonal meter we had removed on October 13th. You know, the one they were supposed to remove on the 10th. Fine, but I still have to contact these boobs and make sure that they do not try to shut off the water service to the manor since the curbside meter for the sprinklers is missing. This is how they operate. Whatever is most inconvenient for the customer is the path of choice.

Perhaps due to the stress of work, traffic or home life, my right hand started to hurt. Right around the middle finger knuckle. No good reason though. It feels like a strain injury, but outside of clutching the steering wheel like it was the last doughnut on earth, I have not been doing anything of late that would cause injury. By the next day, the pain had spread to the tip of the middle finger and down to the center of the palm. This is definitely a friendly reminder from my MS buddy that I've overextended my spoon equity loans. I was hoping to get through the holiday season without having to deal with this. I loose. I'll have to back off a bit I suppose. Good thing I'm going on vacation for the next week.

Oh, just because I need a little more to chew on these days, Jake woke up at 0230 this morning and insisted that he be allowed to sleep in the 2 inches of space between the Mrs and I. That 2 inches became 2 feet rather quickly which left me perched precariously on the precipice of the bed. No restful sleep for me. On top of it, we get a call at 1015 this morning to tell us that Jake has a fever. Something is going around the DayCare/Interment center. Great, just in time for vacation. We'll probably have to take him in to the Pediatrician's to get a 'just in case' prescription for antibiotics. He WILL get an ear infection while we are not in the Philly area if we do not do this. ARGH.

UPDATE: Jake has an appt at the Pediatrician's for 1750 tonight ... looks like we may survive this week after all.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?