White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Work

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

 

Work

Work is ... unbearable ... today. It's mostly minor annoyances. Little cuts. But when you time is frittered away on nickel-and-dime interrupt driven activities, its a like a death of a thousand cuts. With salt ... and hot-wing sauce. I'm feeling drained from trying to explain things to people who are not interested in understanding things ... they just want what they want and don't have any time to explain it. Synergy is the key here. I need to understand what you define these terms as or we are not going to come to a consensus! ARGH! I guess it helps if you insist that people examine the end-product that you produced for them so many weeks ago rather than waiting for them to get back to you at the 11th hour. It's never a good thing when you get a call from a panicked 'analyst' or 'business manager'. It comes in 2 varieties: pleading or assailing. Neither is preferable, but I would rather not be assaulted. Whine-whine-whine. Just a few more months and I can (fingers crossed) put this all behind me.

Oh, I brought up a couple of loads of wood to the staging patio last night. The kids kept me from doing much more, but that's ok. We expect temps to get into the high 80's next week. Not much need for the wood stove with that heat. I'm also putting up the kids names on the Twin Towers. Right above the swings they prefer. One letter at a time. The letters are about 6 inches high of carved wood. I shalacked them with a load of polyurethane so the should look nice after I finish. I'm working on the pictures ... HONEST!


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?