White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Weekend: sucking sound of profound exhaustion

Monday, October 03, 2005

 

Weekend: sucking sound of profound exhaustion

Whew, long weekend. Well, not longer than 48 hours, but I'm pooped none the less. The Grandparents came down for a quick visit with the kids and found that the little tyrants wanted 101% of their time. No such thing as a quick shower with them bursting in every 5 minutes. Bath & Bed time was the best, of course. Not sure who got more water on them, but I can attest that of the 100 gallons in the tub, not a trickle remained! Saturday was the standard rush-job to get breakfast made, consumed and run the kids off to swim lessons. The up-side was that I could leave the club and put gas in the car (and 2 5gallon tanks) while the kids were swimming since Super Grandma was along. She stayed and stood look-out while I was off looking for the fabled 'cheap gas' in gassiteria row. While we were off doing that, the Mrs and Gramps went off shopping. Her little 'Me' time with a male porter. Just like old times except Gramps would never tell her 'No, we don't need that.' Nirvana.

Once we all rendezvoused back at the manor, the kids were left in the capable hands of the spoiling grandparents while the Mrs and I ran the hounds off to this new kennel near-by that just opened up. Apparently they do kenneling, grooming and they have an variety of services available including an attached vet clinic. It was all there ... for a price. Just getting the dogs washed, dried and pressed cost us 80$. Worse yet, they still stunk a bit afterwards. I suppose it was worth it though. Since I'm the only one that has the pleasure of climbing the ladder to scrub the dog's backs, I appreciated not having dog hair in places I did not know I had and being soaked to the bone. We had to leave them there for a few hours so we took that time to lug some junk out of the basement and leave it at the donation center drop-off. Aquarium stuff mostly. I had so much of that when I had so much time to devote to it. Now, just 2 little 20Gal tanks will do ... for the kids of course.

Sunday was a lead-in to my final collapse. We did the church thing at 0800 and that left the whole day open for all kinds of potential trouble including; pulling the rest of the compost out of the heap, pulling up carrots, peppers, picking tomatoes, potting the lemon grass, cleaning and setting up the wood brackets in the house, setting up the stove-fans, bring up some wood to the house (get it started) and replacing a couple of switches and an electric outlet for good measure. In the end, I could not make it through the final hours of the day so there were a few things left unfinished. It's going to be a bugger of a day once Monday is over. So much to catch-up on, so few spoons. Damn MS keeping me down, don't ya know. At least the kids had a great weekend and that is what mattered to me the most.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?