White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Numb, dazed, present but not quite.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

 

Numb, dazed, present but not quite.

It's been a while since we have had a corporate meeting. A 0700 meeting. Oh man, am I bushwhacked. I set the alarm for 0515 knowing full well that I would not wake until 0530-0545. Buzz-smack ... BUZZ-smack ... BUZZZZZ-smack-click. Only three snooze-bar delays, not too shabby. Getting out of bed, tending to the dogs, making enough racket to wake the Mrs and hauling the kids out of bed, prepping lunch and breakfast ... yesh. It's a small wonder that I was able to get out of the Manor before 0600. It was raining out so traffic was slow but since I'm addled by an incomplete sleep, it does not aggravate me. As long as I could get there in time to get a full 55 gallon drum of coffee, I'll be ok. I did go to bed early but my sleep patterns have shifted so I could not really fall asleep till late in the evening. Even so, I woke up several times in the night just to make me that much more sluggish. I tried to do some physical activity the night before just to get my system ready for a good solid 6 hour down time. I've been breaking down cardboard boxes in basement level 1A and now I had to drag all this recyclable material out to the curb. About a dozen bags of cardboard and half as much packing peanuts or other styrofoam cruft. It's a long haul to the curb, next time I'll just toss it in the wood-stove. The cardboard, that is. The styrofoam is just encumbering. I'll wager the recycling crew are going to be annoyed with me.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?