White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Nothing to talk about but work

Thursday, October 27, 2005

 

Nothing to talk about but work

I've been a bit preoccupied of late ... at work. What a novelty. I find it so peculiar that I've been at the client site for nearly 2 years now and they only finally decided to load me up with 'IMPOTENT!' work in my final months. Actually, I've got about 35 work days left scheduled around all the vacation I set up at the beginning of the year. Nothing is more important than setting up your vacation around the holidays. Wait too long (like some of my co-workers) and you find that your requested vacation is ... denied. Mostly because of ppl like me who asked first and have a bit of seniority. Is the wisdom of age always so selfish? No matter, I'm passing some of my more interesting tips & tricks on to the JrPM. This Friday, it will be just her and me left at the client site. The other two will be finished and moved on to other pending projects. Rock-Star and Lill-Bill ... lucky dogs. In any event, this port job is going slowly. We keep finding textbook examples of why hard-coding actions and events is a 'Bad Idea'. Explaining this to the project manager, the other project manager, his manager, our manager and the manager of our manager is getting ... tedious. I swear I spend more time giving status than I do actually getting work done. The Mrs suffers from the same fate in her job, but she signed up for it. I'm not sure how she keeps her head from exploding ... I guess that's why I married her (outside of the obvious rapture-like love I have for her), her ability to keep cool when 'dorks' are running about her behaving poorly. Yeah, I mean myself. Okay, enough bitching about work. I don't feel like giving a traffic report since no trucks have exploded unexpectedly recently. The flooding never really happened from the rain and it's now sunny out. Calm before the storm? Oh, one interesting thing: I ordered a new chain-break for Amish-Dad's chain saw. The old one was in poor shape and did not function well. Since I believe that it is mostly used here at the Haupertonian HQ to cut down red-woods more so than at the FOB, I feel compelled to apply maintenance efforts when needed. Now he has a spiffy new red chain-break on the beast. If the Mrs can show up before the sun sets, I could get some of those trees in the back-50 reduced. Wish me luck and few injuries.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?