White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Lush

Friday, October 07, 2005

 

Lush

I went to the monthly Young Republicans meeting last night. Karma. I had a few drinks and today I feel a bit ... under the weather. Stupid scotch. It was actually kind of fun, to be honest. We got to meet some of the local candidates for a few of the bigger townships in the area. More importantly, I was able to talk shop with Alex, Satish, Jim V and other notable members. Apparently we have a lot more in common than just political ideology. Nice change of pace. I stayed there till about 2230 and then high-tailed it on home. Stopped off to pick up some milk and found a couple of pumpkins for the kids. Other than that, I've been leading the boring life. Well, except for work but I'm going to save that story for later as I am just too bleh to really get into the situation today. Stupid scotch.

Oh, and the traffic was awful this morning. Stalled busses, flashing LED signs with dumb messages that ppl stop to look at, fender benders with ppl refusing to move over to the shoulder. We had it all this morning. It's now raining so it'll be awful on the way home too. Finally, if I hear one more lousy point of view on the Supreme court nomination I'm going to explode. Talk about 'topic burnout'. I need this weekend, badly.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?