White Lightning Axiom: Redux: FIRE!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

 

FIRE!

Today is official whine about traffic day. It was a horrible commute home last night. Interstate 95 had a truck accident as well as some sort of bru-ha-ha on the Schuylkill Expressway. Then, to cap it off, there was a car fire on the Westbound lanes of the Autobahn of Love, the PA Turnpike. Now, this would not bother me much since I was going East and the incident was in the West-bound lanes ... right. Apparently a FireTruck ... the kind that has a water tank ... had shown up to put out the fire and after completing the task, broke down. It completely blocked all three lanes somewhere after the Fort Washington exit. They could not tow it out of the way because it had a nearly full tank of water. Disaster! Of course, all the Rubber-Neckers had to take a peek from the East-bound lanes which caused a massive backup all the way to KOP where I got on. For the Love of Mary! Of course, there were accidents on the East-Bound lanes after that. Took me 75 minutes to get home. Urgh.

I got home with enough time to let the dogs out and get SOMETHING ready for the kids dinner. Some rice, broccoli, cheese and Hot Dogs. I usually make grilled cheese but I did not have the time. Oh well. In other news, my neighbor Gus told me he was selling his old Mercedes ... diesel ... for about $2K. Ahhh, fortune smiles upon me for after voicing my interest, he insisted that I get first crack at it! I'll be taking it to my local mechanic to see what the damage for the engine service will be. Its about 20 years old but he is really good about maintaining his vehicles and has ZERO rust. Just needs a bit of work to stop an oil leak and it will be good to go. Sometime later, after all the expenses have been tallied and corrected, I'll start the work on the Grease Car Project. Yeah, another project to chew up my time and resources. What a glutton, eh?


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?