White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Easy as pie

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

 

Easy as pie

Because week-days are my 'Vacation', I have very little to write about at the moment. Well ... there was the delight of what happened at dinner last night. Apparently Alexis was none too thrilled about having fish-sticks for dinner. I cannot blame her either. Initially, they were pretty tasty and the kids would eat them with great gusto. Then they discovered breaded pseudo-chicken soylent green nuggets and the whole pressure-formed fish emulsion molds became a food-stuff of scorn. So there she is, doing her best to choke down the last 2 pieces and ... BLARGH!!!! Up they come along with the rest of the dinner. A veritable tidal-wave of semi-digested chicken, fish, green-beans and curdled milk pureed with a generous helping of digestive fluids and bile. It was in her hair, down her shirt, pants, chair ... EVERYWHERE! Sooo, I carried her upstairs, still in the booster seat and we plopped her into a warm bath. The Mrs put her through the rinse, scrub, rinse and spin-dry cycle while I went about gathering up the aromatically soiled clothing for an emergency wash cycle. After the newly fabricated cleansing activities were completed, I prepared a bowl of little-smokies and she gobbled down a couple before settling back into a tv-induced haze. Later on in the evening, she snuggles with me in the semi-temporary master bed while Jacob gets his come-uppance (bath) and that calms her even further so that she goes down with no argument or disruption. She is a joy the following morning. Perhaps this is the key. Early bath, quiet time, then bed. I'll have to try to reproduce this. Given the chaos, many things I want to do were left undone: bring up fire wood, break down cardboard boxes, pull up plants, trim vines, etc. Tomorrow, I suppose.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?