White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Countdown

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

 

Countdown

It is still raining here in Philly. The clouds are low, grey and heavy. Yes, the standard fall weather of the North East is upon us. I suppose that means I should start throwing the grass seed down so the lawn can recover a bit from this year's fiascos. Oh, and I suppose I should pull the rest of the tomatoes out of the Agricultural Sector and till that under. So I can get started on removing the dying white pine trees along the property boundary. And bring up wood to the staging area. Damn, I've got a wad of work laid out for myself, don't I? If it would just stop raining. Sure, blame it on the rain. I suppose I should really try to finish up what I started in the basement. Oh, the mess I have made.

I would love to just take a few days off from work and wrap up all the half finished projects I have abandoned. It would be a snap with the kids at pre-school all day. Alas, as a final slap in the face I have been assigned to a task at the client site that is probably one of the most heinous they could drudge up. I, along with the JrPM, will be responsible for the migration of some content import and data feed export software suites to the new Linux hosts. Oh, what joy. The guy leading up the project is none to enthused about the effort as well. Only 46 more work days left till I can put this sordid chapter behind me.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?