White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Better

Thursday, October 06, 2005

 

Better

On the upside, things getting better at work. Mostly. Code is being deployed to production and data seems to be making it's way into the destination tables ... correctly. I just have to keep my eye on the feeds. Like any little varmint, the minute you take your eyes off it, they get into all kinds of trouble. Need to enforce boundaries and all, don't-cha-know.

It's starting to get really cold here ... in the office that is. I'm not sure when they are going to shut off the AC here, but you would think that once you start to get blue lips and your coffee starts to freeze over that you would consider easing off a bit. Green office my ass. They must be really chewing up the mega-watt hours here. At this rate, I'm going to have to start wearing a Mr Rogers cardigan around the office.

In other news, I brought a few more loads of wood up to the staging area. It's slow going though. Trying to keep an eye on the kids and haul all this 'potential BTU material' up to the manor is keeping my from finishing in a reasonable time frame. The kids seem to be interested in what I'm doing, but they are playing in their bare feet so the minute they crawl out of the sand-pit they are in danger of opening their feet on a sharp rock or tripping over one of the Belgian blocks I have strewn about the Agricultural Sector. I also hear that it's going to rain on Friday so I'll need to throw a tarp over what is stacked now so it stays bone dry. Burns better, cleaner, etc. I suppose I'll have to start doing this after the kids go to bed. I just don't have the kind of energy I need to pull myself off the floor after 2100 though. Working in the dark ... well, sucks. Speaking of sucking, I've been desperately trying to find a VW Passat/Jetta Wagon TDI Diesel 1.8liter Tiptronic automatic with very little luck. I've heard various stories (None for this year, no used ones available, would you like a sedan instead?) and have pretty much come to the conclusion that they are now as rare as an iceberg in Texas. We may just have to settle on a sedan if I want a diesel. Nutz.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?