White Lightning Axiom: Redux: urg

Friday, September 23, 2005

 

urg

Another night home alone with the kids. The Mrs had one of her bi-annual medical checkups. There is on doctor she will go to and getting an evening appointment with Dr Pam is like finding a map to the Ark, The Grail and winning the lottery all at once. So if it's going to be on a Thursday night at 1830, that's what it'll be. Fortunately, Pam knows us pretty well so she will write me a script for my Maxalt and give it to the wife without me having to show up and wait for hours as well. I guess it's my status as their favorite (only) MS patient. Another chip in my pile for the night is the dinner. It's pizza night so I won't have to work very diligently to get the kids to eat. Not like Cold Boiled Liver and Steamed Okra, Brussel Sprouts with Spinach night. Mmmmm ... cold boiled liver ... almost as good as left-over haggis! That should help my diet, eh? In the end, the kids ate their slices of pizza and green beans. It looks like this might be the end of the green beans though. Nothing left in the garden but withered, dried stalks where once was the rows of green bushes. Fare-well green beans, I have your progeny ready for next year.

I've been doing mortal combat with a migraine that I inspired into creation on Wednesday. It makes nights like this so much more difficult and not as productive as I would like. I would have preferred to color or do some puzzles ... or maybe even some math with the kids. We are working on the 1 + 1 = 2 mystery right now. All I could do is lay there and wait for bath time. Perhaps Friday night. Ahhh, the promise of a new day.

Speaking of 'New Beginnings', I had some fairly unpleasant thoughts on the TPK this morning. There were a number of ... fellow travelers ... driving to where ever they were heading around me and all I could think about some of the more memorable stunts is how small, petty, selfish evil little monsters people can be. Maybe it was the pain on the right side of my frontal lobe, but I was in no mood for this kind of tom-foolery. It was my great fortune that there was no big accident today or absurd backup due to a flashing light or blinking sign. Man, am I in a pissy mood today. PICKLES! I meant 'poor' mood. Yeah. Whatever. When I did get to work, I sat down and ordered 5 tons of bar sand from Hatboro Lumber. They'll dump it in my driveway either today or tomorrow and then the sand-pit will be that much closer to completion. Amen. I can then work on the 1000 other projects that need attention.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?