White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Slide

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

 

Slide

Ahhh, a mundane day. I love the smell of banality in the morning ... it smell like ... a skunk!? Urg. I had left the windows open throughout the Manor last night and it seems as though we had a nocturnal visitor who left a momentary calling card. Initially when I woke, I thought I smelled coffee. As more and more of my higher mental functions came online, I managed to identify the acrid biting smell as that of the 'Peppe LePew' variety. I guess it was out-n-about late this morning and was startled by someone jogging. Either way, the aroma evaporated quickly from the morning air, heavy with the cold that late September brings, after I sealed all the windows tightly closed and went about the morning schedule. I do love that crisp morning air though. It was nearly 64 degrees this morning and I was in nirvana till I hit the Turnpike. There were 2 fender benders this morning, complete with flashing police cruiser lights and the horde of rubber-neckers doing their best to muff up traffic beyond all belief. One was between my exit (611) and the next (309). The other was just outside the KOP Toll gates where I exit in the morning. This caused traffic to back up a mile or two from the actual tolls and cost me 10 minutes of my life. Urgh ... pull off to the side of the road people! Give me a fighting chance at least. Oh well, some day it may be my turn.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?