White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Quit'n time!

Friday, September 30, 2005

 

Quit'n time!

Heh, fates work against us. Yesterday was quite enjoyable actually. Lunch was fun (a bit on the pricey side since beer costs doubled, damn Trilateral Commission) the kids were good, traffic in the afternoon was not the usual tooth-grinding, fore-head vein throbbing trial of patience, and I managed to get in and out of Norristown within 30 minutes. Why was I in the most depressing county seat since Camden you ask? I needed to pick up the voter registration lists for the County for the last 4 years ... don't ask, I don't know either. In any event, it'll take 10 working days for the public officials and drones to pull this together for me into a csv format file and then burn it to a CD. Whatever. In other news, one of my fellow captive contractors at the Client Site From Hell (TM) thought he was going to enjoy his last day today. Wrong! He found out that he will be here through the end of the month for two days every week. I feel for the guy, and worst yet, he still has not received a designated 'data dump' target for the knowledge he has accrued with the work he has done. Fortunately for me, most of my work will become obsolete by the end of the year, thus obviating any requirement for me to xfer knowledge. Oh, and in weather news, it was 54 F this morning in the Manor. The kids finally noted that it was 'Cold' and thus, were compelled to snuggle down into the still toasty temporary parental bed. No fending off the hordes while trying to take a shower or chasing them down to get them dressed. They were more than happy to stay put. The comfort of not needing to reconcile what that loud crashing noise in the lower floors exceeds the discomfort of that chill you get after breaking a hole in the ice that has formed in the toilet overnight.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?