White Lightning Axiom: Redux: PSEG in tepid water

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

 

PSEG in tepid water

I've heard from at least two sources in the last few hours that PSEG intends on raising rates by 19.4% if the PUC will allow them to. This being a major slug in the gut for the consumer, is in addition to a 4% increase at the beginning of September. They'll be coming back to this well again, that I'm sure of. The only thing I'm curious about is WHY the prices are going up. The official line was that this is a direct result from the Katrina/Rita situation. Most of the well-heads in the Gulf survived intact as well as refineries being spared any major damage. Virtually all of our natural gas is domestic (LPG is just too dangerous to ship overseas). Is it the cost of Oil? I can see no other direct link so it must be the oil fired power plants ... we shall see if they are just spreading the pain to make it seem less. I'm just not sure what is driving the cost up here ... I'm going to point my fingers at the Trilateral Commission and the Speculators. in any event, this will surely complicate the merger that Exelon-PSEG just went through with promises of lower rates:

Best laid plans of men and mice.


UPDATE: It's not what I thought it was, it's actually PGW! you know, the bankrupt, fraud riddled Philly utility that the city so desperately wants to sell off.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?