White Lightning Axiom: Redux: argh

Thursday, September 01, 2005

 

argh

Yes, I've been extraordinarily busy for the last few days. That One legged man is a slouch for not keeping up in the ass-kicking contest if you ask me. On Tuesday night, Alexis had finally come down with the nasty virus that had struck down Jacob. On top of that, the Mrs had not left the 'Death-Bed 2000' since she came home and the room had the odor of illness. I was on my own with one recovering tyrant and another very sick one. Alexis decided that she was not going to tolerate the whole being ill syndrome and insisted that she be allowed to go right to bed after dinner. Not her bed mind you. She was going to sleep next to Mommy. She is the one who tends to vomit when ill. To top it all off, she refused to swallow the last bite of dinner. What can you do about that? After an hour or two, I checked in and she still had it in her mouth. The Mrs, in a spot of lucidity, got her to spit it out and be done with it. Even with that, it looks like the sofa for me again. I got to sleep on the sofa the previous night too since the Mrs had retired shortly after dinner started with a bad case of the chills. By the time I got to be she was sprawled out across the mattress like a New Jersey suburb ... not a suitable plot left for me to set down. Third night in a row. It's almost if I have been banished!

In any event, I got to do bath-time with the kids on my own which actually went a bit better than expected. The hounds were not too enthused about this since I usually let them out to pee when the kids get their bath. I guess the running water really gets them in the mood. Fortunately, they held it till I had put the kids under the sheets and kissed them good-night. The other night (Sick Alexis Night), I ran off to the Seliga's place to pick up the swim gear that we left behind at Mrs Seliga's mother's house where we went to the pool party. We need the float-suits for a make-up swim lesson we are taking the kids to. It's on Wednesday ... at 1700. Yeah, a very impossible hour. Anyways, I picked up the gear and stuck around a bit to chew the fat. Great people, we need to spend more time with their family. One of the few people in the area who both the wife and I can actually connect with on a personal level. But I digress. This past day, Wednesday, I was tasked with bringing the kids to the Swim Club for their make-up lesson for the class we will miss this Saturday. I managed to get the dogs, meals, kids and equipment all taken care of and we made it to the lesson with seconds to spare. Getting two little excited children ready to go swimming while trying to keep them in an open locker room has got to be a sliver more difficult than proving that super-string particles exist. The swim lesson went great even though the Mrs got hung up in traffic and missed the whole thing. I had mis-placed one of Alexis's swim shoes and we had to go without for the lesson. It ended up being a boon for her in so much that she could swim twice as fast without the shoes. She was just as delighted at this discovery as the Mrs Wilda (swim teacher) and myself. After the lesson ended, Mrs MDMHVONPA arrived and we spent a bit of time playing the game known as "Try to get mommy wet and then insist on a hug when all else fails'. Great game, the kids love it. The rest of the night was just me and the kids since the Mrs collapsed shortly before 1900 hours. Exhausting.

As for work (slavery), the last two days have been virtually IMPOSSIBLE. Nothing else to add to that. Well, nothing that would not get me into trouble. Traffic has been frustrating as well. No goats, just jack-asses.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?