White Lightning Axiom: Redux: The return of Sebastian the Raindrop

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

 

The return of Sebastian the Raindrop

Ahhh, a nice dull evening. Work was work and so be that as it may. We did finally get a break from this unbelievable heat and humidity. The rain clouds rolled in about the same time as I go out on the S&R mission. That seems to happen without fail. The upside to the timing is that I've managed to traverse the Turnpike of Dread before the rain kicks in. Sure, it does complicate the act of herding the two little tyrants from the detention center to the SuperSaturn ... they always seem to run off to the nearest puddle. Can't really blame them though, that is exactly what I would do. Must be genetic. Since it was raining, I didn't get out to the Agricultural Sector to pick anything. By tomorrow, I should have another load of cucumbers, green beans, tomatoes and I still have to pull up the onions. Now that a full 20% of the garden has been laid bare, I suppose I should go ahead and plant something else ... but what!? I'm thinking watermelon or pumpkins. Any suggestions? No Nightshade or Hemlock though.

This morning, it was still raining. More of a heavy drizzle actually. Makes me glad I took out the trash last night so I wouldn't have to get up on time and drag all the recycling to the curb. These days, since we are in potty training, there is a lot less trash to take out. If we are lucky, we only have to do one diaper change every other day. I cant wait to see the savings we will reap by not having to buy diapers and pullups by the boat-load. If Jacob will get on-board with the training, I'll be taking out the trash every other week instead of every week. Of course, there is the recycling which, although useless, seems to fill the tubs to overflowing each week. In other news, the Sebastian Raindrop Revolution had backed up the turnpike beyond belief and got moral aid from an accident. Bumper sucking love fest ... in the early morning rain. At least it isn't hot AND muggy now ... just muggy. This would have made an excellent Monday.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?