White Lightning Axiom: Redux: monday-tuesday-wednesday...

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

 

monday-tuesday-wednesday...

The damn phone has been ringing off the hook today at work. So far this week I've been getting about 20 email messages an hour that are all marked URGENT!! The world depends on your attention to this issue. Klaxons blaring, bells ringing ... sheesh. Most of this activity surrounds the pending launch of a new MAJOR client site where I'm apparently the lynch-pin in the process that makes the collection of money from the credit cards possible. All I really do is take files from one location, encrypt them and then move them to a different location. My 'code' has been completed for a month now. I guess since I'm on the ball with the project, I've become the ICON OF STABILITY (echo chamber sound effect here).

Things of note at the Manor ... hmmm. Tossed out the ravaged carpet from the master suite after I sliced it up into manageable rolls. There was some rather unpleasant mildew growing on the underside. Looks like someone left the windows open during rain storms one too many times. Hey, don't look at me like that. Those windows are rarely open in the summer. AC is expensive when you keep the manor at Near Zero Kelvin. I'll probably get rid of the other carpeting that I have stored away in the garage right now at some time. It's just sitting there as a home for way-ward spiders and pill-bugs. Glad to know that the trash pickup will accept it if the rolls are reasonably sized. No special sticker or any of that nonsense.

The SuperSaturn is having a rough year. That fabric liner that became detached from the roof? It's falling again. I'm going to have to cut a couple of holes in it so I can spray the glue in between the roof and the fabric so the damned stuff will stick properly. It looks like hell, yeah, because it's a hack job. I'll never be able to sell this car for more than a few hundred dollars so I'm not going to go into a tailspin about the vandal-inspired jerry-rig I'm imposing on the poor thing. On top of that, the rear passenger window popped out of it's tray so it wont go up or down now. If I roll down the window, it'll go part of the way down and then stick while the mechanism inside the door lowers all the way. Then, when I want to close it, it'll not close all the way. I could fix this I suppose, if I had a spare 4 hours or so to spend on it. Fun, eh? I'm already looking to the future when the other car is paid off and I can get myself a nice, fuel efficient hybrid diesel. Mmmmm, biodiesel.

Things on my list of 'To Do' items: Get fire bricks for the wood burning stove ASAP. Anyone have any ideas? I've been scouring the internet and have had nearly zero luck. I've got to find a hearth&fireplace store locally that will order this stuff for me. What a pain, I should just get 4 pieces of cast iron and lay it in there. It would be a bit more resilient and would not ruin the box. Argh. Speaking of fire ... I'm going to do a post on the fuel truck that exploded on the turnpike this past Monday at 0800. Yeah, the time I'm usually on the road but stayed at home with the kids. Fate?


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?