White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Gas prices spike on news of an Oil tanker "Esploding" the Pa. Turnpike

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

 

Gas prices spike on news of an Oil tanker "Esploding" the Pa. Turnpike

It's been quite some time since we have had an tanker blow up on the local arteries. I suppose we were due.

Yep, sounds about right. Trucker with a load of highly explosive material going too fast on a major traffic bearing artery. We had a major crack-down on trucking traffic in the Philly area a few years ago when we had a series of deadly and expensive accidents involving semi trucks. It stopped after a bit since it was costly to keep all those troopers on the roads around Philly. The problem went away soo ... yeah.Hmmm, the fire was hot. I'll wager he is kicking himself for having that quote attributed to him.Mmmm, pass the marshmallows please.I wonder if they could issue a 'Shoot on Sight' directive for rubber-neckers.This reminds me of the Great Tire Fire under Interstate 95 back in 1996. There, the highway actually melted and had to be replaced. made me quit my job since it was taking me 3 hours to get home in the evening. Yeah, it sucked.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?