White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Hot, Really Hot,I mean SUN Hot.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

 

Hot, Really Hot,I mean SUN Hot.

Over the last few days, it's been extraordinarily warm in the Philly Region. Yes, I know, standard gripe nearly every summer about the 'Hottest day on record" not quite being met. Even I was feeling the wet woolen quilt dew point of the local environs this past week. So we all know it is uncomfortably warm and more so for the elderly. To date, 11 people have died from various conditions aggravated by the heat. But why? Many of these folks are not childless or alone ... just neglected. As a public service, I beseech you, the fellow denizens of this noble blog to go out into your neighborhoods and check in on our most venerable and treasured citizens. Invite them over for a cold drink and a nice meal. Do something instead of commenting to the local press on how the deceased was a kind old person who gave away cookies at Halloween. I live in the 'burbs and can think of at least two people who I will be visiting tonight.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?