Monday, June 13, 2005
Ahhh, sweet Monday.
I am completely tuckered out from this weekend. I do this sometimes. Work a little too hard, a little too long. I guess I just forget that I am no longer in the best shape of my life. I just cannot labor for hours on end on the blazing sun and pummeling humidity. I'm so tired, in fact, that I'm going to do the cop-out list of activities:
- Clean up after Thor, who could not wait to go outside to poop.
- Sleep for 15 more minutes till kids wake
- Go to swim lessons with kids, who are starting to swim on their own with flotation devices.
- Go to Perkins Pancake Saturday with on restraining seats. Lightly reprimand Jake for flirting with the teenage girl in the next booth. Not nice to touch ladies even if they do smile at you and proclaim that you are cute.
- Mrs gets killer headache leaving restaurant, becomes morbidly lethargic.
- Stop at Lowes, pick up some stuff to finish of the Twin Towers
- Standard BJs Wholesale visit
- Mrs getting worse, remind her of emergency kit beneath the Gunner's seat in Family Tank. Sweet Tylenol.
- Made it back to the manor, Jake, Alexis and Mrs all go right to bed till 1500
- I labor till 1830: Mow Lawn, Edge, Pull weeds, Prune Trees, finish Twin Towers roof, periscope and trapeze bar
- Talk to Neighbor Marvin about his kidney cancer ... going to loose both of 'em.
- Heat finally lays me low and I retreat to the AC goodness of the Manor
- Kids up at 7, To Church by 8:30
- Both kids very active the entire mass ... 3 ring circus wrestling match
- Meet mommy at giant, but a TON of meat
- Replace air filter in furnace
- Kids play outside with Mrs while I fertilize - turn on sprinklers for 5 min. to wet grass
- Wash the dogs, they were starting to be stink a bit
- Head all the dead flowers
- Put on a gutter guard over front porch after cleaning out the crud
- Weed some of the garden ... cull 1 row of carrots
- kids eat lunch, nap for a few hours, go for a stroller walk with Mrs ... what a life!
- I'm toast, go take a shower
- Grill the meat I just bought
- Bathe kids and put them to bed
- Wrap up pork ribs, prep for next day
- Try to sleep with my newfound sun-burn