White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Yeah, the Monday monster is still alive

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

 

Yeah, the Monday monster is still alive

Things have been fairly wild at work and at home over the last few days. This anxiety incarnate has taken more than it's fair share of spoons so the blogging had to succumb to my 'spoon transfer protocol'. Monday started out with a bang as Jacob wanders into the Master Suite at 0500 and spend the next hour thrashing about. He is fine, he just wants to play. The kid really knows how to burn the candle at both ends. I, however, but a stub of wax left since I have contracted a cold from Alexis. It's not a horrible EBola cold, but annoying and a bit of an energy sapper none the less. To add to my spoon deficiency, the Office was STILL hot. It looks like the air-conditioner for the zone I now work in have bit the dust. Repairs are forthcoming, but I'm suffering now! It's no less than 90 degrees and we cannot open the windows without a brick or rock. To top it all off, it rained. Ergo, the traffic sucked. This would make it a pretty standard Monday, eh?

As the world spun up, Tuesday provided no relief from the oppressive office heat and I found that some of the work I have been doing was under misguided terms. I used a template that was a 'hack' and now have found out from the end consumer that it is not what they wanted at all. Crap. On top of that, there is a rush job to get some data into a load table for a client that will burn up most of the day. 1615 did not come soon enough for me, but then again, I could have used an extra 4 hours at work. When I do make it back to the manor, I find that the Suburban Water lummoxes have indeed re-installed the summer sprinkler water meter as requested. This elation is quickly squashed as I find that no water seems to be making it out to the sprinklers. I pop open the pit where the water meter is installed and find it completely filled with water. Great. The meter counter is not spinning so I assume that there is no leak and somewhere under the water a valve has not been opened. The water is murky and heavy with suspended clay ... just reaching in there has coated my arm with a fine silt that will not rinse off. This looks like a job for the sprinkler guys I had brought in to replace some of the stepper motors a few years back. I call them but find that I have missed them by 15 minutes. I'll call them tomorrow, but will continue to fume over a job that should not require this much 'consultation'.

The middle of the week starts with Jacob wailing in his bed. It's 0500 and I wake from a dead sleep. The Mrs does not wake till I hurl myself from the bed and begin my drunken walk to the origin of the consternated pleas for attention. He has most likely caught the cold that has been grinding it's way through the household. By the time I get there, Alexis has woken up too. I haul Jake out of bed and send him in to paw at mommy for attention. I hoist his sister into my arms and pray that I do not run her into a wall or door-jam. Alexis immediately falls asleep in the mile wide water bed while Jacob does his usual whirling dervish routine for about 15 minutes before settling down into a semi-comatose state. Needless to say, once asleep they were less than inclined to wake back up again. Oh, and they let us know that in no uncertain terms. Yes, we are feeling the pressures of life now and this isn't a simple rolfing!


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?