White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Working Friday

Friday, May 06, 2005

 

Working Friday

So far, so good. Got up on time thanks to the Lucid Mrs and got out of the Haupertonian Territories by 0645. Traffic at that time of the morning can be hot-n-cold. Either you have a guy in an F150 Diesel trying to scrape the dust off your bumper at 85mph or you are stuck behind a guy in a mini-van going 53 in a 65. I got a little of both this morning. Nothing of any note happened last night except for the follow-up visit for Jacob. He apparently STILL has the ear infection and we are now down to the last oral antibiotic with him. The next visit will tell us if he needs a shot with a 3 foot needle. The visit apparently went well with the Mrs since he had a new toy to preoccupy himself with. When the pediatrician came in to visit, Jake was unusually cooperative. He even assisted with the heart beat monitoring by grabbing the stethoscope and applying it to his chest. This made the attending healer proclaim that Jacob may be spending a little too much time at the clinic. I concur, so let get out the premium stuff and kill this nasty little infection once and for all.

My reason for leaving early today is so that I can meet the sprinkler guys at 1500 and get this little through-flow issue resolved. I hate to call in professionals for something that is going to be trivial, but the chance of me breaking a pipe while messing about in the 'pump-house' is too great of a risk. If the rain will hold off till I get back to the manor, perhaps I can get a bit of the lawn mowed while 'supervising' the hydraulic activities. Later on in the evening, the inlaws will be coming down for a visit. This means I'll be making a short trip to the local NE Corridor train stop near the Franklin Mills mall. It's a relatively short distance, but rush hour traffic ensures that the time delta will be excruciatingly large. Ahh, what I do for family ... hope I'm racking up the points here with the Mrs. I made a quip to her the other day about the difference between visits from my parents and visits from hers: with mine, they drive down, bring dinner with them, cook, clean and monopolize the kids for the entire visit and then vanish into thin air Sunday night; with hers, I need to pick them up, drop them off, cook, entertain and chauffeur them and still need an HONEST interpreter the whole time. We persevere though, don't we?


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?