White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Weekend activity-fest; Sunday Version

Sunday, May 08, 2005

 

Weekend activity-fest; Sunday Version

Ahhh, Sunday, a day of rest. NOT! The Mrs had big plans for this Mother's day and she knew I would not have an iota of influence on it. First thing on the list was to go down to Philly's Chinatown and have some dim-sum with the In-Laws. It was packed, but we found out that there was a second floor to the 911 Race Street place we usually go to. The kids were apprehensive about some of the food (rightfully so as we learn later), but did take to learning how to use chopsticks. It was amusing to watch them endeavor to get the smallest morsel of noodle in their mouths with the giant plastic ones provided. Eventually, they would pick up the food and set it on the sticks. Amusing indeed. We then went around all 10 blocks of the surviving area of Chinatown before heading back North to the Franklin Mills mall. We were going to spend some time in Man-Hell before dropping off Paw-Paw (grandma) and the BIL (brother in law) at the train station just down the street. Have I ever mentioned that the only think I can tolerate about the Franklin Mills Outlet Mall is the multitude of food courts inside and the ever growing expanse of eateries on the outskirts. They did add a Jillians at one end. I try to start at the other end where the Movie theater is so I have something to work my way to. Happy Mother's day honey, you got a mall walk out of me with not one complaint.

After dropping off the extended family, we head back home for nap time. Jake falls asleep in the Family Tank and we spirit him upstairs immediately. Alexis, however 'plays' a bit, then falls asleep next to me on the floor. We leave her where she fell and go about our business. The Mrs goes shopping and I muck about in the back yard. I need to keep the sod wet till it takes. We've been promised rain for the last week but have yet to see a single drop. Normally, I would just turn on the sprinklers but since I'm working on the sand-pit walls, I really cannot do that without dire consequences. So I water the sod by hand and shovel sand about till Jacob wakes up. I sit with him in my lap till mommy comes home and he is gone in a flash. The weather is still nice so the Mrs agrees to a little time outside in the sand. A bit later, Alexis is awake and I bring her outside as well. It was a grand old time till dinner. Which is to say, dinner was not all that bad either. No, we watched Elmo in Grouchland and had fish sticks and lo-meign. Every thing was winding down nicely till about 2000 hours.

The kids and I were playing about in the entryway where we have a puzzle of alphabet letters that measures about 5x20 feet. Its a nice and soft neoprene sheet so if they fall on it, no harm is done. So Jacob is clutching his trains to his chest as usual, but then doubles over like he is going to do a somersault. When He does not follow through or get up, I ask if he has to poop. He erects himself and immediately starts to empty the contents of his upper digestive tract. Ohhh, not good. I can see noodles from this mornings meal as well as everything he has eaten since. Remember that quip I made about the food early on? This is where it comes back to haunt us. After producing nearly his bodyweight in semi-liquid undigested mash, I run off to acquire towels with sufficient absorption properties to 'mop up'. The Mrs hold him still till I get back. Well, she holds his body still while he continues to fabricate more projectile matter out of nothing. Needless to say, there will be individual baths tonight. I bring him up to the bath tub and pour warm water over him while he lays or sits in the tub. It appears to be soothing and his little heart-melting smile of genuine happiness reappears. That's my little soldier. After I get him all scrubbed down, I turn him over to the Mrs while I go deal with Alexis and the 'Fallout'. She is a bit concerned about Jacob 'Coughing' and I assure her that everything will be OK. Getting ready for bed is one thing, but going to bed is quite another. Alexis falls asleep rather quickly, but Jacob just isn't in that frame of mind right now. He stays with us for a few hours. Near the end of his 'milking it' show, he chugs a large glass of water and manages to keep it down. The Mrs puts him down and we check in on him every so often to make sure he is not gearing up for a repeat performance. This shoots some pretty big holes in our evening for the Mrs and I. We discuss the potential causes of this. Bad food or an allergic reaction to the antibiotics for his ear. Either way, he is going to need to see the doctor ASAP tomorrow.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?