White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Traffic

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

 

Traffic

Day 4 on the turnpike and things are still a disaster! This morning, we had 2 multi car pile-ups. One just before and one just after the Fort Washington exit. This disaster dejour cost me 45 minutes of my life and most likely a good gallon of gasoline. It happened about 30 minutes before I got to the interchange where I enter the domain of the 'worker herd mentality'. I'm not sure what is going on recently, but I'm going to have to blame the nice weather we have been enjoying lately. People are out and about, doing spring things, having fun. Next morning, they are tired, groggy and distracted. The accidents were not catastrophic by any means, Bent fenders and dented bumpers mostly. But the tow trucks, police cruisers and victims milling about is just too much of a distraction for the rubbernecking gawkers to just ignore. As I was escaping the last of the jam-up, my cell phone rang. It was my buddy Pete who was about half way through the mess that I had just escaped. I gave my condolences and let him know that there was a second accident to contend with. He gave the standard commuter rant and we made a pact to go have lunch today. It'll be nice to catch-up with him. We have similar views on certain aspects of life. Like kids, politics, God, ... Turnpike traffic.

Enough kvetching about things I cannot change. One nice thing that I enjoyed last night was the salad that I harvested from the Agricultural Sector. There is nothing like a fresh bowl of leafy greens (spinach, red sail, regular lettuce) sprinkled with radishes. I just wish that the sugar snap peas were producing as well, but I guess I cannot have everything. I cut enough to make 3 bowls so that I can have something at lunch. I'm so pleased with the garden right now. When the tomatoes and cucumbers start producing, the grocery bill will plummet. I cannot wait to show Alexis where green beans and peas come from. Speaking of Alexis, she has been in a fairly sour demeanor lately. I'm thinking it might be the cold she gave me. In any event, I'm thinking of stealing barrie's nickname of 'Princess Grumpy Pants' ... it seems to fit with the new predilection of 'pink pants only'.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?