White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Tally HO!

Thursday, May 05, 2005

 

Tally HO!

Good news! They fixed the air conditioning at work! Yes, no more 'stuck in 451' (quote from barrie) for me. I was considering going out and getting some supplies for the mother's day gift that I wanted to build for the Mrs, but I had a load of work to finish up and time was short. I've got some of the supplies at home, I just need some yellow and pink finger paints ... and a picture frame with glass ... and a matte. I think you might know where I'm going here. The Mrs is going to pick the stuff up for me. Part of her gift is the 'guilt free' shopping spree ... HONEST! It will be nice.

Back at the Manor, the Virtuosically Brilliant Mrs and I were drawing on the driveway with the kids and their 24 different colors of chalk. God forbid we only have 20 or 18 colors. Banish the thought of only 4! As a child, I remember 1 color ... white. Anyways, the driveway is very coarse and it eats the chalk away pretty quickly. I'll need to call in a paver to have the whole thing resurfaced with REAL rubber coating. The water soluble stuff I've used in the past cleans up nicely, but doesn't seem to last the whole year. I'll probably fill the cracks in first before I call in the contractors. It's a dirty, malodorous, exhausting job that needs to be done when it is warm and dry. I can skip this one with no great insult to my industrious nature.

Spent a little time in the Agricultural Sector putting up trellis racks for the four rows of peas. I should probably relocate some of them since there are gaps where they did not germinate. I'll also have to do something about the multitude of grass that seems to be sprouting up everywhere. Grass clippings will keep that down but I just have not had enough of it to cover the whole garden yet. On a side note, we have had some fairly cold nights recently and there was a couple nights were frost was projected. One of the tomatoes looks like it took it pretty hard and the cucumbers were completely wiped out. I guess I'll have to stop off at the KOP Home Depot Temple on the way home and pick up a new set of sprouts. This is what I get for making fun of my mid-west friends/family for all the snow they have been getting recently.

The Mrs and I went to bed early last night. It's been a tough week and a little extra sleep would help. I was doing the mid-week laundry chore, but it can wait till tomorrow. There are only 4 loads and I've got the first two nearly done. That, and it would help her fend of the cold that I am desperately trying to give her. Since we sacked out at 2200, I got in my full 5 hours of sleep and promptly woke up at 0300, 0400, 0500 and finally 0600 when I convinced myself that it was time to actually get going. Nothing like waking up and knowing that you can just roll over for another hour of sleep! It probably was a good thing that I got going so early (0650) since there was a multitude of construction related accidents on the turnpike. What normally would have been a 35 minute trip turned into a 60 minute slog through legions of irrational and extremely irritated motor vehicle operators. Half of us just wanted to get going and but quick, the other half wanted to slow down and ogle the twisted metal frames produced by the accident. That, and whenever an accident happens where a fender gets dinged or a signal light is put out, the people think it's a major crime scene and refuse to clear the road till the State Troopers come and order them off the road at gunpoint. Argh. You're supposed to clear the road if the vehicle is in driving condition. It says it right in the drivers manual! Argh, argh, argh. I need mass transit from my house to the client site. It's actually a doable proposition too!


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?