White Lightning Axiom: Redux: On the mend

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

 

On the mend

The last few days have been particularly rough. The illness, the temperature variations at work, the horrible traffic. Not a moment of reprieve was granted! I took Monday as a sick day only to learn later that a high voltage line had fallen on the Turnpike. I spent my morbidity time napping and watching Sliders on the SciFi channel. The following day, I shuffled off the feeling that 'One more day, please' and crawled into work. There was an accident in the exact same spot where the line had fallen the previous day resulting in a 90 minute commute. Now, today, there was a disabled car between 611 and 309 resulting in yet another backup with the added bonus of construction traffic.Shiver me timbers! I'm too worn down to be frustrated, but here I am bitching about it. And the building temperature is hovering at about 60 ... Kelvin. I'm not entirely sure how this has happened, but I'm actually cold! I mean, bone chilled shivering cold. No, something is not right in the world and I'm thinking that the Snow Miser is to blame for this!




|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?