White Lightning Axiom: Redux: The Complete List of the 1,000 Top U.S. Schools

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

 

The Complete List of the 1,000 Top U.S. Schools

Well, this is certainly good news for the Mrs and I. My local township rakes us over the coals for school taxes and we've noticed that our neighborhood is more of a geriatric ward than a community of families. Given that the local school district's chests are flush with booty, I would hope that our schools would do well. And our final ranking came in as 263 in the nation. Not too shabby considering that there are probably a few hundred of high schools in PA alone.Now there is a little number at the end here (in this case 1). This is the Percent of student body that is eligible for free and reduced lunches. One percent of the students are officially living in an impoverished condition. I'm not sure of the exact number, but that might mean there is anywhere from 1 to 2 children in our school getting a 'free lunch'. I'm not entirely surprised, but I recall that school lunches that I ate as a kid were none too nutritious or tasty. I'll bet things have not changed much and bringing in a bag lunch may be less expensive and significantly more palatable. I'll have to see in 12 years or so.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?