White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Mondays make my head hurt, and so do Tuesdays

Monday, April 25, 2005

 

Mondays make my head hurt, and so do Tuesdays

Bleh. If I could skip Monday it would be deserving of a Nobel prize, I tell ya. The Mrs and I slept in a bit later than normal. The dogs were sitting outside the Master Suite again, whimpering away. The kids were just laying in their beds, wide awake but not in any hurry to get out of the room. The air was cool and the bed was warm. How could we resist!? If the Mrs did no have a dentist appointment in the afternoon I would have surely impressed on her the need to play hookey.

There was no shortage of work to do once I got to the client site, however, the ratio of work to interesting work was less than desirable. I forget the mathematical phrase for a divide by zero error, but this would fit the bill. Since I have a window in my first-floor isolation chamber now, I can watch the weather and was pleased to see the sun come out a few times. What was even better was that it did not rain. The lack of precipitation will allow for me to get the front acreage of the Manor. I'm probably going to scalp the back yard this Friday and maybe lay some sod in the areas that Thor and Katie have laid barren. Like the old US Govt Dept of Agricultural recommendation of removing the top 3 inches of soil from farmland after a nuclear attack. I should probably put down some weed killer afterwards to keep the encroaching noxious weeds like clover at bay. That, and teach Katie to pee in one place so I can keep the yard from completely degrading.

We managed to get out of bed this morning at 0620 ... not a perfect start, but getting better. Perhaps a bit more sleep and we will manage a bit better tomorrow. It's hard to get out of bed when the spring weather is so perfect for the somatic condition we would like to call sleep. Since we got going a bit late, the turnpike traffic was less than desirable. Surface roads were a mess too. I have got to get back to departing before 0700.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?