White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Monday Ughday

Monday, April 11, 2005

 

Monday Ughday

Surprisingly enough, we get up on time. The down side is that we do not get out of bed on time. Like a TV addicted teenager, I stayed up way too late watching the 'SuperVolcano' show on the discovery channel. It was mildly entertaining, but I think that was because I was not expecting much. In the end, the show talks about several million dead in a world covered by soot, ash and freezing rain. I think they missed the point though. The economic disaster would kill many more people ... hundreds times more ... from starvation, freezing, disease and so forth if America (the continent) fell under a blanket of pyroclastic doom. Although furthest away, China would take the biggest hit. That, and the obvious detachment of the politico establishment was a little too absurd. But hey, I'm tired so I might be just talking out my but, you know? The earth isn't the only thing around here that can spew smothering crud.

Alexis woke first this morning and was content to play her lullaby music for 30 minutes before I got my legs under me. Haul the Mrs out of bed, tend to the Hounds, retrieve the kids. We cut them off from their morning milk now. It does give me less time to get them changed before they fully wake up, but it is for the best. Jake would drink a lot more than his sister, but since the Mrs gives them a half bagel in the morning, I think they'll do ok. Oddly enough, Jake was not in the mood for waking up this morning and I had to carry him to the master suite. Of course, it was all a ploy. While I was distracted with changing Alexis' sodden diaper, he took off down the hall and towards the grand stair-case. I quickly wrapped up the diaper and secured it in place so I could give chase to the little two legged fox. And a wiley fox he was. By the time I got to the stairs, he was no-where to be seen. So I dash down the staircase but he is not at the landing either. The gates to the kitchen and living room are still secured so I head off to the kennels. I see that the gate to the hound's domain is ajar and head in to see if he is trying to play trampoline on the poor victimized hounds. No, they are sill laying there, sated by their morning meal of Hippies and door-to-door salesmen. Then I hear a thumping noise from upstairs. Perplexed, I head back up thinking that perhaps Jake has suckered me again. As I crest the top of the stair-case, I see that the closet is just a crack open. AH-HA! I slowly slide open the metal mirrored door and find him in there, sequestered amongst the 'reserve' toys. He has found the little train that came with the pop-corn tin and is feverishly trying to drag it out of the closet. Well, this is going to be an interesting morning.

The Mrs and I managed to subdue the rampaging kids and get out the door at 0655 ... Which means I get to work by 0730. Excellent. I love it when a plan comes together. I want to leave at 1600 today and pick the kids up so they can play in the sand pit and use the AAA/Guard towers as long as it is dry outside. Me, Hero Dad and BigLittleBrother put a lot of money, sweat and blood into that monstrosity. I'm looking for a 'joy return' on that investment. For the most part, work is ... well, work. Dither about with Skymall and start processing their orders. A whopping 12 of 'em. All I can think about while working on this is how nice it would be to not be in the office and how much I need to do outside with the lawn. Sunny days are in short supply in this neck of the woods. The recent spate of our lack of precipitation is an anomaly. Did you know Seattle has had more sunny days in the last two years than Philly? What a waste, I wish I was working the night shift so I would not know of this 'pleasant day' concept.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?