White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Hopeful night

Thursday, April 28, 2005

 

Hopeful night

The lack of sleep really put a crimp in my style. Towards the end of the day, I was actively removing planned activities for the evening due to a rising level of profound exhaustion and palsy-like drowsiness. It was almost like having narcolepsy! I was fighting the urge to nod off the whole trip back on the Turnpike. Not a comfortable feeling. Shaking your head violently, slapping cheeks, slamming fists into the thigh. Anything to ward off what could be an extremely fatal ending. I'll have to try to get more sleep tonight.

I've noticed something about the Child ReEducation Facility recently. When I complete the S&R missions each day, the kids will kick off their shoes in the back seat. When I am there, I usually find them in the play ground rooting around in the mulch and dirt. This combination has resulted in the back of my car being coated with several cubic yards of mulch. I'm not sure how they manage to get so much of the crud into their shoes, but I do know that it takes a concerted effort to get the numerous slivers of wood OUT of the shoes once they become embedded. Pain in the rear, this mulch, it is. I was starting to think that we should start putting knee-high boots on the kids but since summer is coming, perhaps sandals would be better. I wish they had chosen sand instead.

The sleeping thing was not in the cards tonight. A few things set Jacob off. One, he was not ready to sleep. I caught him sneaking out of his room once and the Wonderful Wife caught him once before. He eventually got a clue and stayed in his bed. Sneaky little night-owl. Part of his discontent was that his aquarium night-light was on the fritz. It has these 2 fish that are attached to a disk that spins slowly. It makes the fish look like they are swimming. The disk stopped turning. This is the second one that has suffered a similar fate. I've opened up one and tried to fiddle with it. One of the power leads to the driver motor has come loose and I'll need to solder it back on. Looks like I'll be making a trip to Radio Shack today. I could just strip off some additional wire and 'tie' the wire onto the lead, but that would surely come loose some day. Not sure what caused this problem, but I'm sure the Communists had something to do with it. Aliens most likely helped them. And Elvis. 'Cause he's in with the Aliens. He wants me to buy a skinny Elvis night light that shakes his hips. Damn Commies.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?