White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Chilly

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

 

Chilly

I have not been lighting a fire recently. It's been fairly warm recently and when I get home in the afternoon, the manor is usually right around 70 degrees. Sure, it drops a bit at night to around 58-61, but that's ok. The heat only goes on for an hour or so between 0530 and 0630 on weekdays. I guess It's getting time to seal up the old stove and remove the wood from the brackets. I've been pretty lax with replacing the fuel I've used so I only have 80% capacity in one bracket left. I guess I could just use it up this week and call it quits. I just don't want to make the house TOO hot, ya know. There is nothing like spring sleeping weather and I only get a month or two of it a year. Unfortunately, my 'sleeping weather' is the Wife's 'Allergy Season'. I might have to sleep in the servant's quarters ... err, guest room so I can open the windows at night.

The kids did well yesterday afternoon. They did not haul in as much sand and mulch this time. They played on the swings/slides/sand from 1700 till 1800. Dinner from 1800 till 1900 and bath/bed by 2030. Right on schedule with minimal disruptions. Made 4 grilled cheese sandwiches for tomorrows dinner and Thursday lunch and did not even burn a single side. Golden crunchiness. Of course, they will be a spongy mess within 30 minutes, but that does not seem to bother the kids. I managed to haul my but out of the bed just before 0600 so we were on schedule today. I even had time to make the kids PB&J sandwiches for lunch. Well, 2 PB&J and 1 J&J. Jake does not like the peanut butter on bread for some reason. He'll eat it off a spoon though. Strange. Alexis gets one of the fully completed constructions and the Mrs gets the other one. It did take an extra 5 minutes to get to work today. Construction between KOP and MidCounty. I think they are putting in a new exit or slip-ramp. Beh, more access means more traffic ... which means more delays. I despise construction season. I'm looking forward to playing with the kids tonight so I'll purge the traffic angst from my mind now .... errrr ... uhhhnnnn, almost there .... mmmmmm ... Done!


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?