White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Tick-Tock the week drags by

Thursday, February 24, 2005

 

Tick-Tock the week drags by

Fairly mundane afternoon on Wednesday. Good. Oh, and the leaky tire did not deflate while I was at the client site. I'll have to get it fixed though, I cant live my life waiting for a damn tire to go flat. The (secret government alien genetic research) Hospital called to let me know that the found my MRI films and I could pick them up anytime. No CD, just the films. ARGH. The whacked out part is that they have everything on a CD, why could they just not burn a second copy!? Instead, they produced actual film of the new images for me. In 10 years, they will have technology to embed data within crystals or something and I'll still be getting the clay tablets with hieroglyphics imprinted on them. Back up the 150 ton gravel truck, gotta load up my images. ARGH v2.0.

Later in the evening after I had finished the evening S&R mission, I had the opportunity to try to give Alexis some potty training. She is usually pretty vocal and animated at the dinner table. When she gets quiet and starts making that face as if she were Jimmy Carter reviewing the election polls, I know I will have some work to do shortly. This time, I decided to head it off at the pass and bring her upstairs to use the potty. All the way up the stairs and into the bathroom I pleaded with her to 'Hold it in' for just a few more moments. We managed to get to her potty and she remained seated till the dirty deed was completed. I began to giver her the reward stickers as we have been when she caught sight of the fruits of her labor. I'm not sure if she was mortified or terrified, but she bolted from the room screaming into the Mrs's arms. No matter how much I tried to placate her, she refused to return to the bathroom or accept any stickers. This continued well after I had disposed of the offending matter. I was sincerely concerned that this might be the beginning of a nasty case of toiletphobia (Scatophobia?). Once we cleaned her up and replaced her diaper, she calmed down a bit and we returned to eating dinner. Later in the evening, we started the bath-n-bed routine. She showed no lasting effects of her near-poop of the number-two kind and happily went pee. That was a close one. She is very perceptive and was probably fairly shocked that something like that would come out of her. She did not seem quite as disturbed or perplexed when it comes out of her brother though. Puppy dog tails, don't you know.

The rest of the evening was fairly dull apart from Katie trying to sneak up the stair case so she could have a good view of what we were doing in the kitchen. Thor can just stick his head over the kiddie gate since he stands about 15 hands high. She knows she is not welcome upstairs (I got tired of waking up with dog hair in my mouth) so I'm not sure why she thinks she can get away with it. Permanent mind of a 5 year old. Not that I should complain, she is a pretty good dog and has a respectable fear of the kids. In the past, she has accidentally bitten me when rough-housing about but has never bitten or snapped at the kids. It's much easier to lick their faces which makes them stop doing whatever it was that needed to stop. This evening, the Mrs had some more of the pork ribs that I made. We decided to give the fat, excess sauce and bones to the dogs. Within 15 minutes, there was nothing left but a bit of drool hanging from Thor's mouth. If I could render 15 bones to dust in that time, I would be rightfully feared. I feel bad for the burglar who dares to cross the Haupertonian Hounds.

Long story short for this morning: Tire was half flat, had to pump it up. Snow projected: 6-9 inches. Daycare called, half day today - come get your brats. The Mrs is going to leave at noon to pick up the little ones while I sit here and work on more requirements. Next week, we are expecting more snow (is this really winter now?) and the Mrs will be in Florida. On business ... for her birthday. That means that while she is sunning herself poolside, I'll be dashing through the snow to pick up the kids since day-care will probably close if we get more than a quarter inch of snow. So be it, the kids and I will share a few Domino's pizza pies and a gallon of French Vanilla Icecream. Good times are the dictate for the week.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?