White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Recycling Tax Dollars

Monday, February 14, 2005

 

Recycling Tax Dollars

And so begins the end of civilization:Sooo, not only is it unprofitable/wasteful to recycle anything BUT aluminum, now we will have the city pay you on top of the additional costs. It boggles my mind. I used to be a big recycling advocate until I found out what it costs. It galls me that the duo who explained this to me were no other than the raucous Penn and Teller. Now mind you, I still recycle what I can. Plastic, glass, metal, paper. Can you believe that our township will not pick up cardboard though? Into the fireplace it goes. The nice thing about this program is that the people who recycle anyways will be the ones being rewarded. This will not inspire those who do not recycle to get on board. It does make sense for Philly to do this though.Remember though, recycling is subsidized with your federal tax dollars. We are just shifting the cost a bit. This last quote is a red herring though:You have got to be kidding me. Strange times. It would make more sense to have the recycling plant AT the land fill, but that is just crazy talk, eh?

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?