White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Monotone

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

 

Monotone

Ahhh, finally a dull day. The only things of note is that the Executive Assistant for my client came over to my Sensory Deprivation Cube and complained that I was slurping my tea too loud. Argh. I had some choice things to say, but I kept them to myself. Meddlesome indeed! I took my cup and tea home to resolve any future potential disputes. Ahhh, the life of a consultant. It can be so ... rewarding. The other proceeding that was noteworthy is that one of my peers has apparently been stricken ill again. He has been suffering from some sort of gastro-intestinal malady. It was provoked by a late night internet gaming session and he needed to see his doctor at noon. Apparently, he ended up at the emergency room. I believe, from my experiences, that the front desk at his family practice sent him there since there were no open appointments available. Hope he does better today. The site he monitors is frequently subject to copious issues.

The drive back to the Manor was uneventful. I did have a small crisis though. I was hurtling down the asphalt speedway at warp 11 and was caught by surprise by a minivan. No ordinary minivan either. This one had a Nine Inch Nails bumper sticker on it. My brain froze for a moment ... the dichotomy .. it was, ugh. When I hear people refer to NIN, Sex Pistols, Black Flag or Skinny Puppy as 'Classic Rock', I have a mini-midlife crisis on the spot. Argh. When did I become middle aged! I dread the day when I see a KMFDM sticker on a volvo. My head will probably split in two.

Kids were pretty good in the evening and it was not raining. I was still exhausted from the previous night so I nodded off in the play room while the kids assaulted me. Strange what you can semi-sleep through if you put your mind to it. They are both using the potty before bath time now so we believe we are making steady progress. They still feel the need to get completely undressed when they use the potty though. Odd habit, but I can see where it comes from. Now we just need to get them to inform us when they need to go instead of denying it. Bed time was easier than the previous night, but Alexis need some company for a few minutes before she would go to sleep. She is not drinking much milk before bed time so we could probably wean her off that now. Would be nice to be able to abandon that particular requirement. Jake still does his best to finish off the whole bottle. I guess it gives him energy to escape. Which he attempted. I thwarted his efforts and that was the end of it. This thing that they have adopted of needing us around a bit till they settle down will need to end quickly. I don't think it is a good thing. I'm kind of a hypocrite though, I cant go to sleep until the Mrs comes to bed. Must be genetic.

Not much planned for today at work. Got here in record time. Did not take the Mill Road of Infinte Waiting like I did yesterday. TPK traffic was the standard fare. Nothing out of the ordinary. Good. I do have a lunch date with the VP of Development today. I'll have an update later on about how that goes. My 8 year anniversary with the company is just under two months away. Too bad we don't have a pension plan, I would be nearly vested by now!


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?