White Lightning Axiom: Redux: scraps

Friday, January 14, 2005

 

scraps

Ok, here are the cobbled together little tid-bits of stuff that I would like to moan and kvetch about. First off, my shoulders and knees hurt. This always happens when mother nature goes a bit loopy. I got one ache in my left shoulder from a disastrous attempt to bench press 325lb in college. My body was not ready for that and has punished me ever since for my hubris. The left knee revolt is from falling off a ladder, so to speak. The shin bone just below the knee cap took the brunt of the impact force and I have developed a calcium deposit there. I'm almost certain that I may have gotten a hairline fracture or a bruised bone when I fell, but slapping a cast on it would do no better than letting it heal on its own. Quite similar to breaking your tail bone, you just let it go. Now, the mirror aches on the right side are probably from favoring that side to avoid aggravating the left side. Maybe they are just psycho-somatic, but pain is pain in my scar riddled brain and they have undue influence. Perhaps it may be time to stop slacking and start getting active again to thwart my body's attempt to make me invalid. Exercise would be a good thing. Maybe tomorrow. Or next week, this weekend is the Eagles-Viking game.

Speaking of whacked weather, the 'service engine soon' idiot light came on again in the SuperSaturn. That was yesterday. This morning, no light. My little-little brother thinks it is probably a damaged or fouled emissions probe. I think it has a lot to do with the oxygenated fuel formulated for cold weather ... and it's not all that cold out. In any event, my inspection is coming up soon. I don't think this is something I will want to spend much on to get repaired. It will most likely cost more than the worth of the car at this time. You put 120K miles on a car over 8 years and it tends to get some quirks. No, I think I'll have Mike change the oil and fix that slow leak in the rear tire when I drop the car off at the shop. I just need this car to last another 4 years or so before I replace it. That will be about the time that the Family Tank is paid off and flying hybrid cars that run on beef jerky with scotch become available.




|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?