White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Patient Zero

Friday, January 21, 2005

 

Patient Zero

Traffic last night was quick and light. It was fate though. It wanted my to enter he maw of pestilence and despair as expeditiously as possible. The Mrs had a an appointment with our family physician so I did not expect to see her before I put the kids to bed. Somehow, she managed to get to the clinic, see Dr Pam and escape within an hour. I think she bribed the harpies at the front desk because I usually end up waiting for an hour before I get to step into the examination room. Then, I sit there buck nekkid till I turn blue before anyone comes in and asks me how I'm doing. I'll have to extract the secrets of the Doctor Visit from her before I go next week to my own appt. Maybe she will talk in her sleep tonight. Looks like I will get to use that sodium pentothal after all.

Last night was a variation of previous nights this week. The Mrs and I went to bed early due partly to the profound exhaustion and lethargy that had built up over the week. In any event, it did not take the kids much time to start their nocturnal shenanigans. In the end, we brought Jake the Punk in at 0400 and then Alexis the Squirt at 0500. Once in our bed, they slept the sleep of the dead ... kinda like daddy. Only difference is that I did not need a bottle of milk to pass out. I could have used some kind of virus shield though. After two weeks of disease infested little dirty-bombs bouncing about the house, something has made it through my defenses and has struck me down. I have been hacking up yellowish globs from my lungs all morning. It's that tickle that will not go away. Everything is sore too, not the kind of sore I can shake off either. A general blanket of malaise has smothered me it its clingy grasp. Ugh! The Wonderfully Understanding Wife lifts the blankets so I can pour myself out of bed without disturbing the two little space hogs laying beside me. She gently guides me to the shower and tells me to get cracking. Traffic is light except at the KOP interchange where the Daemon Sun is burning the eyes out of our heads. Tends to cause traffic to back up a few miles. Still got to work at 0830 ... not too bad. Now I just have to drag my virus ridden rear through the next 8 hours.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?