White Lightning Axiom: Redux: IT IS NOT A TUMOR!

Thursday, January 13, 2005

 

IT IS NOT A TUMOR!

Just so you know, the title is a quote from Kindergarten Cop ... I love that line from Arnie. But I digress ... a lot. I heard a report on AP yesterday that a study on red meat shows that you are 30-50% more likely to get colon cancer if you eat large quantities of red meat. WTF! I hate these types of studies. Sooo, in their study, people who eat a cow a day, 30 percent more get cancer than the ones who eat less. What is more and what is less? Do they mean 3 porterhouse steaks a day? Or one a week? What were the variables? Did any of these folk smoke, drink, use suppositories, engaged in alternate lifestyle activities? Come on now. I cant even find the size of the study or if they had a control set. The Hindu times makes hay with this report, but Steve Milloy rips it to shreds. I'm going to have an Angus burger for lunch after I finish my beef jerky.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?